5 Best multiple cryptocurrency wallets in 2021
If you own different types of crypto assets, you can conveniently store them in a multiple cryptocurrency wallet. These are five of the best multi-cryptocurrency wallets in 2021 where you can place your assets.
As the crypto sphere steadily grows, you’re more than likely to find yourself holding more than one crypto.
In Jan 2020, there were more than 2,000 types of cryptocurrency. Each with its own unique blockchain and, therefore, its own unique networks for transactions and storage.
Until recently, if you wanted to store most crypto offline or online with any degree of security you needed to get a separate wallet for each coin. But if you own many different types of crypto, it is much more convenient to store your assets in one multiple cryptocurrency wallet. Many wallets mean many passcodes and private keys and opportunities to lose your coins.
Today there are a growing number of places you can store multiple cryptos with a degree of security. In this article, we’ll discuss five multi-currency wallets where you can store your crypto safely.
Five of the best multi-cryptocurrency wallets 2021
While there’s yet to be a crypto wallet for all currencies, the average multi-asset wallet today supports at least 10 cryptos. Here are 5 wallets for 2021 and beyond that hold over 40 different types of cryptos:
MyConstant is a custodial, password-protected online wallet where you can store 72+ cryptos. Some of our supported assets are DAI, USD Coin, Aave, and Balancer.
MyConstant’s key features:
- You can earn interest up to 11% APR on your crypto when you deposit your BTC, ETH, and BNB into our liquidity pool.
- Enjoy free and instant access to your deposits.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Deposit stablecoins as ERC20 or TRC20.
- You can unlock the cash value of your crypto on MyConstant by taking a loan against your assets at rates as low as 6%.
How MyConstant protects your deposits
MyConstant protects your crypto in several ways:
- If you do not want to earn from your crypto, MyConstant automatically sends your funds to our custodial partner, Prime Trust. Prime Trust protects your funds through a $130,000,000 insurance policy.
- All personal data like wallet addresses is heavily encrypted to prevent hacks.
- If you lose your password or have issues recovering your account our customer service team can help you recover your assets.
If you’re looking for highly-secure long-term storage for your crypto, KeepKey is a good option.
KeepKey is a hardware, multi-crypto wallet where you can store and also exchange crypto thanks to the integrated ShapeShift exchange feature.
KeepKey wallet supports a decent 40+ cryptos including Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum. It also holds a wide variety of ERC-20 tokens like Balancer, Binance coin, and DAI.
KeepKey wallet key features:
- It is an easy-to-use wallet. All you need to do is plug the hardware into your computer’s USB port, enter your PIN, and begin sending, receiving, and exchanging crypto.
- You can create multiple wallet addresses on one hardware device. Some advantages of having multiple wallet addresses are:
- They let you separate personal and business transactions
- You can split your crypto between different accounts to enhance safety
KeepKey security features
- It is a hardware wallet that keeps your private keys offline, making it much safer than hot wallets which are more prone to online vulnerabilities like hacking.
- KeepKey lacks an Operating System (OS) of its own. It works under any device with Windows, Android, MacOS, and Linux operating systems. Since KeepKey doesn’t have an OS, it is immune to viruses, malware, and hacking.
- KeepKey provides a 12-word recovery phase that helps you get your funds back in case you lose or damage your wallet. You can also create a recovery phrase as long as 18 words.
- Since KeepKey is a hardware wallet, you can use it anonymously. The only thing that will be public is your public key (wallet address).
Note: Since KeepKey is a hardware wallet, you need to purchase it at roughly $100.
Exodus is one of the most beginner-friendly and long-running wallets. It is also the crypto wallet with the most coins on our list, with 100+ assets.
Exodus is free to use and also comes with a built-in exchange feature, allowing you to swap between most coins on the platform within the wallet.
Some of the features that make it beginner-friendly are:
- Exodus provides an easy-to-read portfolio interface where you can compare your crypto assets’ value against FIAT currency.
- Like MyConstant, they boast 24/7 email support.
How Exodus protects your crypto
- It is a desktop wallet which makes it somewhat safer than an online/web wallet regarding internet hacking.
- You can use Exodus wallet anonymously. You don’t need to surrender your personal information to download or install the wallet.
- It’s easy to recover your crypto with its email restore option. When you create an account, you get a backup link that you can use to recover your account if you lose it.
- While Exodus doesn’t support 2FA, it’s compatible with all Trezor hardware devices, so you can manage your assets in a secure hardware wallet.
Guarda launched just 3 years ago and has already achieved several milestones. First, it supports over 40 cryptos and thousands of tokens which include BEP-2 and ERC-20 tokens. Secondly, it has a built-in exchange feature.
Other benefits of using the Guarda wallet are:
- Its responsive, 24-7 live customer support.
- Flexible storage via the web, desktop, and mobile wallets
- It is the first multiple-cryptocurrency wallet to offer support for Multisig security (a system that requires more than one key to authorize a transaction.) A multi-sig security system is great if you are sharing a wallet with other people like family members.
How Guarda secures your funds
- It allows for fingerprint and facial recognition to enhance security on mobile devices.
- It is open-source software so you can check for malicious codes that can threaten your funds.
- It encrypts all of your backup data.
- You can integrate it with Ledger Nano (a physical cold storage wallet) for more secure hardware storage.
- It launched multi-sig functionality for Bitcoin in early 2020 and is in the process of developing multi-sig for other assets as well.
ZenGo supports over 40 assets and is known as the “keyless wallet” because it doesn’t need access via private keys like other wallets.
Instead of private keys, ZenGo uses advanced cryptography on its website. The ZenGo security system also uses 2FA to ensure that the safety of your assets is shared between your mobile device and their website.
To use ZenGo, you need to own a mobile device with an Android 6.0 OS or higher.
Some of ZenGo’s key features:
- Keyless login.
- It is a multi-functional wallet where you can store, buy, and even earn crypto by staking coins like Tezos (XTZ) to a validator node.
- ZenGo has also partnered with fox.exchange, allowing you to trade crypto directly in the ZenGo wallet.
How ZenGo secures your crypto
- 2-Factor authentication.
- You can add additional security to your wallet with face mapping and even add the face of a trusted person.
- You use a fingerprint lock when registering your wallet.
What else should you look for in a multiple cryptocurrency wallet?
There’s no one-size-fits-all wallet. The type of wallet you choose will largely depend on your storage goals. Some common goals include:
- Ease of use – Some crypto wallets have features like keyless login, built-in touchscreens, mobile access, and 24/7 customer care to help with lost funds that make them beginner-friendly. Others have advanced features and are best for seasoned users and those who are good at keeping track of their keys.
- Easy access to your funds – Hot wallets or wallets that require internet access are great when you want quick and access to your crypto from multiple devices. When you want to store your assets for the long-term without frequent access, go for cold or offline wallets.
- The ability to swap or exchange funds – Some crypto wallets have both storage and exchange features. Choose these if you prefer a platform that also allows you to exchange crypto.
- Reducing fees and other costs – If you are cost-conscious, consider wallets that charge very low or no transaction fees when sending funds and are also free to download and use.
- Earning interest from your crypto – You can choose to earn from your crypto instead of letting it sit idle. Some of the ways you can earn crypto interest include staking proof of stake coins to a native node or contributing to DeFi liquidity pools through your wallet.
Bonus tips to protect your funds in a crypto wallet with multiple currencies
While these five best crypto wallets for multiple coins 2021 will help keep many of your cryptos safely in one place, it is not advised that you place all of your funds in one wallet.
Different wallets serve different purposes and, if you’re like most crypto holders, you’ll want to have a mixture of wallets based on what you plan to do with your crypto.
For example, if you have a large number of assets that you want to keep for a long time, you need a much safer wallet than you do for short-term storage of little funds. A hot wallet like MyConstant is great for safe, short-term storage and also offers free instant withdrawals. If you are thinking long-term, you can choose a highly secure cold wallet like KeepKey.
In parting, always remember to backup your private keys somewhere safe and always be careful of fake wallets online. Best of luck!
Share this article